What is JMeter?
JMeter is a Java desktop application with a graphical interface that uses the Swing graphical API. It can therefore run on any environment / workstation that accepts a Java virtual machine, for example − Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.
JMeter is a an Open Source testing software that can perform load test, performance-oriented business (functional) test, regression test, etc., on different protocols or technologies. It is 100% pure Java desktop application for loadtesting web applications but has since expanded to other test functions and performance testing.
What does it do?
Apache JMeter features include:
Ability to load and performance test many different server/protocol types:
- Web – HTTP, HTTPS
- SOAP / REST
- Database via JDBC
- Message-oriented middleware (MOM) via JMS
- Mail – SMTP(S), POP3(S) and IMAP(S)
- Native commands or shell scripts
- Complete portability and 100% Java purity.
Scope of JMeter outside World?
If you are working on any corporate companies, you could have surely heard the word called “Cost Cutting” or “Cost Effective”.
Yes, Most of the companies outside are trying to replace commercial tools with open source tools.
Many companies started R&D’s as well.
For Performance Testing, the widely used tool is Load Runner®, which is a high cost commercial tool. Now, to replace this, JMeter comes into picture. JMeter offers 90% of the functionality, that the load runner provides. Hence, companies started looking for JMeter resources and they are ready to pay for them which will be cost effective compared to the money spent for buying commercial tools.
JMeter Training Syllabus
- What are Classes and Objects?
- What are Methods and Functions?
- What is Inheritance?
- What is Encapsulation?
- Constructors and Destructors?
- Sample Java program via notepad and command prompt?
- Sample Java program via Eclipse tool?
Introduction to JMeter:
- What is JMeter?
- History of JMeter.
- Pros and cons of JMeter.
- Pre-requisites to install JMeter.
Configuring JMeter in Easy Steps:
- Sharing software’s and relevant dependencies.
- Installing suitable version of Java.
- Setting up environment variables for JMeter and Java.
Components of JMeter:
- Test Plan
- Thread Groups
- Config Elements
- Pre Processors
- Post Processors
How to do scripting with Recording and Replay Functionality:
- How to record?
- Dos and Don’ts during recording.
- How to replay?
- Dos and Don’ts during replay.
- How to debug the recorded code?
Data Driven or Parameterization using CSV files:
- Data driven of input data using inbuilt JMeter control.
- Parameterization of input data from EXCEL sheet.
- Live example with parameterized script.
Page Verification and Validation:
- Validating the web pages using JMeter controls
- Ensuring that all the web pages are loaded during execution.
- Live example with page verification and validation.
Handling Dynamic Web Pages:
- Doing Scripting in such a way that it should not fail even the web pages changes dynamically for every loop.
- Introducing the concept called correlation to handle dynamic web pages recording and replay.
- Live example with scripting on dynamic applications.
Different Types of Testing using JMeter:
- Load/Stress testing: how to design and execute load test using JMeter controller.
- Endurance Testing: How to design and execute endurance test or long lasting testing.
- Functional Automation Testing: How to do automation testing using JMeter.
- Regression Testing: How to do testing on regressive/repeated test cases
- Database Testing: How to put load on particular database query and get the response time of the respective query.
Performing Distributed Testing:
- Configuration for doing distributed testing.
- How to share the test across the computers which are in different locations.
- How to share the load injectors to share the virtual users during load test.
Other Important Features of JMeter that we cover:
- Plugin for generating automated load test results and graphs
- Plugin for Server Monitoring of apache servers
- Plugin for Load testing on Oracle Database
- Result analysis with third party website.
- Handling web service based applications.
By the End of the Session:
- We will provide you all the paper works done by us.
- We will provide certificate from our institute for every successful completion of course.
- We will guide you other technologies that we offer on the relevant subject, that you could make use of.
- You will be one among the capable JMeter resource wanted by the reputed corporates.